CANCELLED! - Sunday Spin (Basingstoke style)
Sunday 20th January at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|90 Mins||? Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Basingstoke and Deane
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Basingstoke Hockey Club, Down Grange Sports Complex, Maidenwell Pavillion, Pack Lane, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG22 5SN We'll meet at the area by main entrance to Maidenwell Pavilion, south side of the Astroturf pitch. RG22 5SN
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 40 mins (1 hours 30 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Basingstoke and Deane
CANCELLED...... It's re-freezing again and not due to get above -2 overnight then snow again in the morning therefore the planned roads/routes are not worth the risk. Down Grange car park is an ice rink. Just been out on the mountain bike and everything is just freezing was a bit sketchy! I will rearrange......... get out on a short safe route if you can!
We'll meet outside the Hockey Club which is the building opposite the main entrance to the Astroturf pitch at Down Grange Sports Complex. If it is raining then there is cover in the entrance area. There is first come first served car parking and access for vehicles (including bikes!) is from the main Pack Lane entrance and follow the road around the athletics track and it will dead end in car parks by the Hockey Club building by the Astroturf pitch.
We'll aim for about 15 miles or so - road bikes and hybrids are suitable - route will be this or a slight variation, and a reasonable pace for those getting back into it at this level, not been out for a while, but not racing! Level required is general/basic fitness. If you are already a regular road cyclist on a road bike, you will probably find this slow but you are welcome if you are social, wait for slower riders.
Head out towards Oakley, do a loop exploring some nice Hampshire lanes, and then come back. Optional refreshment stop at the end at the Hockey Club. I will check that we can access the bar/catering outlets.
Advice for group riding from the Basingstoke Triathlon club here: http://www.basingstoketrisquad.co.uk/group-riding/
This is replicating the rides we completed mid week in September.
Queries and feedback/requests welcome to Ruth - firstname.lastname@example.org/ 07876 351561 emergency number for the day
Look forward to seeing you there!
- Starting Point
- Basingstoke Hockey Club, Down Grange Sports Complex, Maidenwell Pavillion, Pack Lane, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG22 5SN We'll meet at the area by main entrance to Maidenwell Pavilion, south side of the Astroturf pitch.
- Starting Postcode
- RG22 5SN
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Basingstoke: Festive social ride to Hannington||Sunday 15th December at 10.30am||Women Only||Read More|
|Basingstoke: Festive antisocial warm up ride!||Sunday 15th December at 9.30am||Women Only||Read More|
|Popley, Rooksdown, Basing Woods Loop||Wednesday 18th December at 6.30pm||Women Only||Read More|