Richmond Park - Strong Plus
Monday 1st April at 9.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|120 Mins||27 Miles||11+ (children 11-15 with adult) Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Challenging You don’t have to be the next Bradley Wiggins, but you’ll need to be fairly fit to take part in Challenging ride. As well as covering a good distance, there may well be a few hills along the way! If you fancy a fresh challenge, these rides are perfect for you.
Richmond upon Thames
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Richmond Park, Roehampton Gate entrance Roehampton Café (grass outside café) SW15 5JS
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 40 mins (2 hours 0 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Hybrid (road tyres)
Sky Ride Local in Richmond upon Thames
You don’t have to be the next Bradley Wiggins, but you’ll need to know your way around a bike and be fairly fit to take part in our Challenging rides. If you’re comfortable riding with other people and fancy a fresh challenge, these rides are perfect for you. They start at around twenty miles long, and are paced at between 11 and 12 miles an hour.
Come and join us as we ride the iconic road bike route in West London. This 27 mile ride is multiple laps of the perimeter road in Richmond Park, a longstanding hub for London's road cyclists. The rolling tarmac route is ideal for road bikes and this is a perfect ride for those who enjoy a challenge whilst being surrounded by the beautiful Richmond Park.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
Please make sure your bike is in good working order and bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at Roehampton Gate entrance car park, charges may apply
- Nearest Train Station
- Richmond 1.5 Miles
- Toilet Facilities Available?
- Yes, at Cafe at the start
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Jaap Nijsen