ABC Ride Aldenham Brookman Colney - Strong Plus
Sunday 31st March at 9.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|140 Mins||30 Miles||11+ (children 11-15 with adult) Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Challenging You don’t have to be the next Bradley Wiggins, but you’ll need to be fairly fit to take part in Challenging ride. As well as covering a good distance, there may well be a few hills along the way! If you fancy a fresh challenge, these rides are perfect for you.
0 Free places remaining
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Outside Watford Rugby Club Knutsford Playing Field Radlett Road WD24 4LL
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 3 hours 0 mins (2 hours 20 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
Sky Ride Local in Watford
Challenging rides on the road for adults only
If you’ve been riding a road bike for a while, and perhaps been thinking about joining a cycling club, these rides – brand new for 2012 – are for you. The prospect of a speedy pace over twenty to fifty miles, and the strong likelihood of some hills thrown in along the way, means our Ride Strong Plus rides are not for the faint-hearted.
Taking off from Watford and heading north east this ride is the maximum distance for a "Strong" ride and it has some hilly sections. It keeps to quiet lanes where possible, some on traffic free cycleways passing through scenic countryside and woodlands. Although we are never far from the motorways it is surprising just how rural this ride is. There are also a couple of popular cafes on route in pleasant country surroundings - always a must for cyclists.
Public Car Park nearby, signposted on Radlett Road on the south side of the roundabout near the Club. You can exit the car park onto a shared cycleway going under the main link road to get to the start point. Please do not use the Rugby Club Parking or its entrance road
If you've already tried one of our Ride Strong Plus rides and you're ready for the next challenge, why not try a British Cycling Sportive?
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
Please make sure your bike is in good working order and bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at Public Car Park nearby, signposted on Radlett Road on the south side of the roundabout near the Club. You can exit the car park onto a shared cycleway going under the main link road to get to the start point. Don't use Rugby Club Parking or its entrance road
- Nearest Train Station
- Watford North Station - 0.8 miles
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Nick Rawling
- Amanda Lee
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Little Venice Canal Cruise||Sunday 20th April at 10.00am||Steady||Read More|
|To the Ghost and Back||Sunday 20th April at 2.00pm||Steady||Read More|
|Bushy Park and Hampton Court Explorer||Sunday 27th April at 2.00pm||Steady||Read More|