West Surrey Ramble - Strong Plus
Sunday 31st March at 9.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|115 Mins||25 Miles||11+ (children 11-15 with adult) Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Challenging You don’t have to be the next Bradley Wiggins, but you’ll need to be fairly fit to take part in Challenging ride. As well as covering a good distance, there may well be a few hills along the way! If you fancy a fresh challenge, these rides are perfect for you.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- The Roundabout Car Park, Chobham Common On the intersection of Chobham Road (B383) and Chertsey Road (B386) KT16 0ED
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 35 mins (1 hours 55 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
Sky Ride Local in Surrey
Challenging rides on the road for adults only
If you’ve been riding a road bike for a while, and perhaps been thinking about joining a cycling club, these rides – brand new for 2012 – are for you. The prospect of a speedy pace over twenty to fifty miles, and the strong likelihood of some hills thrown in along the way, means our Ride Strong Plus rides are not for the faint-hearted.
A scenic 24.6 mile road ride taking in many quiet roads in West Surrey around Chobham, Windlesham and Sunningdale. There are plenty of rolling hills and wildlife to be seen across the Common and lots of opportunities to glance at the many homes of the rich and famous along the way.
If you've already tried one of our Ride Strong Plus rides and you're ready for the next challenge, why not try a British Cycling Sportive?
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
Please make sure your bike is in good working order and bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at the Roundabout Car Park - free. Please note this car park has a height restriction of 2 meters.
- Nearest Train Station
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Alan Hanley
- Nigel Mathias
Rider Comments on the Route
Lovely to meet Nigel and Alan, had a lovely ride out on roads I didn't know. Thanks guys