Sunday 31st March at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|180 Mins||33 Miles||11+ (children 11-15 with adult) Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Challenging You don’t have to be the next Bradley Wiggins, but you’ll need to be fairly fit to take part in Challenging ride. As well as covering a good distance, there may well be a few hills along the way! If you fancy a fresh challenge, these rides are perfect for you.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Macclesfield Leisure Centre Priory Lane SK10 4AF
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 3 hours 40 mins (3 hours 0 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Hybrid (road tyres)
Sky Ride Local in Manchester
As part of our Spring Series 2014 we have scheduled a number of guided rides near you which are all about getting the best out of the bike at this time of year. This route is perfect for getting out on the bike and warming up on a crisp Spring morning! Everybody who books on and attends the ride will receive a FREE Great Britain Cycling Team water bottle.
Explore the beautiful Cheshire Plain on the outskirts of Manchester on this pleasant, 30 mile countryside route. This ride is mainly flat so ideal for road bikes. Stately homes, places of scientific interest and the famous Jodrell Bank is the order of the day.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
Please make sure your bike is in good working order and bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at Macclesfield Leisure Centre
- Nearest Train Station
- Macclesfield Train Station, 1 mile
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Ian Gent
- Mark Riley
- Vikram Swaminathan
Rider Comments on the Route
Great for my first Sky Ride but the hills at the end were a real challenge !
Excellent ride with a lovely route and small hill at the end of the ride!
Great route in nice surroundings with a few hills at the end to test your legs.
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Spring Series 2014 - The Big Tour||Sunday 16th March at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Spring Series 2014 - Follow the Old Brick Road||Sunday 16th March at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Spring Series 2014 - Trans Pennine Trail: A Route to Lymm||Sunday 23rd March at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|