Follow the Old Brick Road
Sunday 24th March at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|125 Mins||23 Miles||13+ (children 13-15 with adult) Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Poynton Civic Centre car park Opposite entrance to Bulkeley Road, off Park Lane SK12 1RB
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 45 mins (2 hours 5 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
Sky Ride Local in Manchester
You don’t have to be the next Bradley Wiggins, but you’ll need to know your way around a bike and be fairly fit to take part in our Challenging rides. If you’re comfortable riding with other people and fancy a fresh challenge, these rides are perfect for you. They start at around twenty miles long, and are paced at between 11 and 12 miles an hour.
Spring Series 2014
As part of our Spring Series 2014 we have scheduled a number of guided rides near you which are all about getting the best out of the bike at this time of year. This route is perfect for getting out on the bike and warming up on a crisp Spring morning! Everybody who books on and attends the ride will receive a FREE Great Britain Cycling Team water bottle.
Starting in the great little town of Poynton we explore the amazing countryside and towns around the Peak District. You may never win the 'King of the Mountains' jersey, but if you can do this ride you'll at least feel that you might have been a contender as it's a wonderful (but tough) ride over one of the Peak District's iconic climbs. Prepare for a real sense of achievement once you are at the top, and we're sure you'll agree it's well worth the effort for the views. After a few more climbs (thrown in for good measure) on the return journey, you'll be ready for a cup of tea and slice of cake back in Poynton. Please be aware that this ride is not for the faint of heart!
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
Please bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at start point, Poynton Civic Centre car park
- Nearest Train Station
- Poynton Station, 0.5 miles
- Toilet Facilities Available?
- Yes, at Costa Coffee
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Laurence Moore
Rider Comments on the Route
very challenging but i managed it and it was brilliant. thanks to all the leaders and all the other participants for a great ride.
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Spring Series 2014 - The Big Tour||Sunday 16th March at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Spring Series 2014 - Follow the Old Brick Road||Sunday 16th March at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Spring Series 2014 - Trans Pennine Trail: A Route to Lymm||Sunday 23rd March at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|