Essex Ramble - Strong Plus
Sunday 10th March at 9.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|110 Mins||26 Miles||Adults 16+ only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Seven Kings Park Aldborough Road IG3 8QQ
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 30 mins (1 hours 50 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Hybrid (road tyres)
Sky Ride Local in Redbridge
Challenging rides on the road for adults only
If you’ve been riding a road bike for a while, and perhaps been thinking about joining a cycling club, these rides – brand new for 2012 – are for you. The prospect of a speedy pace over twenty to fifty miles, and the strong likelihood of some hills thrown in along the way, means our Ride Strong Plus rides are not for the faint-hearted.
Come and join us on this great 26 mile route as we escape the city and head for the Essex countryside. Starting and finishing at Seven Kings, we loop out past the M25 towards Weald Park. There are some hills to negotiate on the way and some great fast stretches and rural lanes. The route is harder than the profile looks, especially if there is a strong northerly wind blowing, it's quite a challenge!
If you've already tried one of our Ride Strong Plus rides and you're ready for the next challenge, why not try a British Cycling Sportive?
As these are adult only rides, designed for cyclists progressing from the standard Ride Strong level, the pace of the ride could increase to 15mph at the discretion of the Ride Leader.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
Please bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at on road near the start, charges may apply
- Nearest Train Station
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Monjurul Haque
- Nick Gorman
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Spring Series 2014 - Essex Ramble||Sunday 16th March at 9.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Spring Series 2014 - South Havering Circular||Sunday 23rd March at 9.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Loop-de-loop Through the Parks||Sunday 6th April at 2.00pm||Easygoing||Read More|