Wheel Around Winslow - Strong Plus
Sunday 24th February at 9.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|145 Mins||31 Miles||Adults 16+ only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Furzton Lake car park. Large car park by the bridge that crosses to MK Bowl off of Watling Street V4 Elfield Park MK5 8AA
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 3 hours 5 mins (2 hours 25 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
Sky Ride Local in Milton Keynes
Challenging rides on the road for adults only
If you’ve been riding a road bike for a while, and perhaps been thinking about joining a cycling club, these rides – brand new for 2012 – are for you. The prospect of a speedy pace over twenty to fifty miles, and the strong likelihood of some hills thrown in along the way, means our Ride Strong Plus rides are not for the faint-hearted.
A fantastic circular route. Though we start in town, within two miles we'll be wheeling through beautiful rolling countryside heading out into the gorgeous Aylesbury Vale. We'll also pass through the lovely villages of Winslow and Swanbourne before heading back to town on this 31 mile ride. Bring fresh legs as it's going to be a speedy ride!
If you've already tried one of our Ride Strong Plus rides and you're ready for the next challenge, why not try a British Cycling Sportive?
As these are adult only rides, designed for cyclists progressing from the standard Ride Strong level, the pace of the ride could increase to 15mph at the discretion of the Ride Leader.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
Please bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at Furzton Lake
- Nearest Train Station
- Milton Keynes, 2 miles
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Ritchie Dixon
- Liane Higham
- Debbie Vanner
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Tour of East Leicester||Sunday 15th December at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Swithland Woods and Reservoir||Sunday 26th January at 10.00am||Steady (8+)||Read More|
|Into the Woods||Sunday 26th January at 10.00am||Steady (8+)||Read More|