Cannon Hill Extreme - Strong Plus
Sunday 3rd February at 9.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|140 Mins||30 Miles||Adults 16+ only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Outside of M.A.C. building in Cannon Hill Park off Edgbaston Road B12 9QH
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 3 hours 0 mins (2 hours 20 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
Sky Ride Local in Birmingham
Challenging rides on the road for adults only
If you’ve been riding a road bike for a while, and perhaps been thinking about joining a cycling club, these rides – brand new for 2012 – are for you. The prospect of a speedy pace over twenty to fifty miles, and the strong likelihood of some hills thrown in along the way, means our Ride Strong Plus rides are not for the faint-hearted.
This 30 mile ride has a bit of everything and will satisfy the more committed cyclist looking for a challenge. The ride starts and finishes at Cannon Hill Park, just off Edgbaston Road. Once out of the city, the leafy lanes and complete tree canopy make the miles go by effortlessly, you'll have to try not to stop to take in the beautiful scenery! You will encounter wide roads, narrow roads, long straights, hairpin bends, sharp climbs with fun descents. This is a perfect Strong Plus route. Are you up for the challenge? Come on lets go!
If you've already tried one of our Ride Strong Plus rides and you're ready for the next challenge, why not try a British Cycling Sportive?
As these are adult only rides, designed for cyclists progressing from the standard Ride Strong level, the pace of the ride could increase to 15mph at the discretion of the Ride Leader.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
Please bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at Off Edgbaston road, on street charges apply
- Nearest Train Station
- University approximately 1.5 miles away.
- Toilet Facilities Available?
- Yes, at Midlands Arts Centre and Cannon Hill Park
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Carl Miller
- Michael Adams
Rider Comments on the Route
very good ride with good company and all the riders were of the same ability which makes the ride more interesting
Nice scenic ride
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Spring Series 2014 - The Great Barr Express||Sunday 23rd March at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|The Canal and Railway Ride||Sunday 23rd March at 10.00am||Steady (8+)||Read More|
|Abbey Park Saunter||Sunday 23rd March at 10.00am||Steady (8+)||Read More|