Wandsworth to Putney Heath and Barnes
Friday 18th January at 9.45am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|105 Mins||? Miles||Adults 16+ only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Women only Breeze Rides are all about fun, friendly, informal bike rides led by women, for women. They're ideal for all abilities and are great for building confidence and getting some gentle exercise. You might not have ridden a bike for a while and be looking for the easiest way to get back in the saddle, or be looking for a sociable way of getting out and about in your local area. Breeze rides are gently-paced, not too long, and often take in a stop for coffee or a cake. Kids are welcome to come along too.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Wandsworth Common, Bolingbroke Grove, Wandsworth, London, SW11 6HN We'll meet on Wandsworth Common, opposite the old Bolingbroke Hospital building on the corner of Wakehurst Road and Bolingbroke Grove SW11 6HN
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 45 mins (1 hours 45 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Wandsworth
This is a pretty 11 mile ride with plenty of traffic-free sections in parks, on commons and along the River Thames.
We will cycle over Wandsworth Common, then by back roads down to King George's Park in Wandsworth, where we will follow the Wandle Trail briefly, before taking quiet residential roads to ascend slowly to Tibbets Corner, where we get onto Wimbledon Common.
Next comes a lovely traffic-free section on bike paths on Wimbledon Common and Putney Heath, followed by a long gentle descent down a quiet lane to Barnes Common. After crossing the common, we pass the London Wetland Centre to join the Thames Path and our return riverside ride through Putney and Wandsworth Park to finish at Birdhouse Cafe (great coffee!) on St John's Hill.
This ride is not suitable for road bikes (ie skinny tyres and drop handlebars), due to the uneven and often muddy bike paths on Wimbledon Common, Putney Heath and along the Thames. Regular hybrid bikes (most ladies bikes are of this type) and mountain bikes will be fine.
Please make sure your tyres, gears and brakes are all in good order! And please note the 09.45 (not 10am) start time.
Dress nice and warm, and be ready for rain.....
Look forward to seeing you there!
- Starting Point
- Wandsworth Common, Bolingbroke Grove, Wandsworth, London, SW11 6HN We'll meet on Wandsworth Common, opposite the old Bolingbroke Hospital building on the corner of Wakehurst Road and Bolingbroke Grove
- Starting Postcode
- SW11 6HN
Similar events you might like
|Date/Time||Event Name||Ride Level|
|Tuesday 21st May at 6.30pm||The Wandle Trail from Colliers Wood||Steady||Read More|
|Friday 24th May at 10.00am||Wandsworth to Wimbledon Windmill||Steady||Read More|
|Wednesday 22nd May at 10.00am||Croydon Arena to Ladywell||Steady||Read More|