Stairway to Heaven - Temple Balsall, Knowle to Hatton Locks
Sunday 27th January at 11.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|120 Mins||? Miles||Adults 16+ only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Women only Breeze Rides are all about fun, friendly, informal bike rides led by women, for women. They're ideal for all abilities and are great for building confidence and getting some gentle exercise. You might not have ridden a bike for a while and be looking for the easiest way to get back in the saddle, or be looking for a sociable way of getting out and about in your local area. Breeze rides are gently-paced, not too long, and often take in a stop for coffee or a cake. Kids are welcome to come along too.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Car park opposite Lady Katherine Leveson Church of England School, Fen End Road West, Temple Balsall, Knowle, Solihull, West Midlands, B93 0AN
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 45 mins (2 hours 0 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Solihull
This 18 mile circular route from Temple Balsall, Knowle out to Hatton Locks, will take you through quiet country roads, occasionally crossing and travelling on major roads, and alongside the canal for as short a distance as possible.
You will cycle through Fen End, Honiley and Beausale before stopping halfway at the Heavenley Staircase lock system at Hatton Locks. We will visit the canal side Hatton Locks Cafe for refreshments, before returning via Little Shrewley, Hay Woods, and Chadwick End and back to Temple Balsall.
This hard ride is suited to women who are confident and comfortable with travelling at a brisk pace of 9/10 mph but are looking to extend their fitness and distance travelled on their rides, in preparation for a forthcoming Spring/Summer distance challenge ride or those who just want to set themselves a new personal challenge.
Please be at the start for 10.45am, ready for a prompt 11 am start.
Siobhan and Julie
Breeze Solihull Champions
- Starting Point
- Car park opposite Lady Katherine Leveson Church of England School, Fen End Road West, Temple Balsall, Knowle, Solihull, West Midlands,
- Starting Postcode
- B93 0AN
Similar events you might like
|Date/Time||Event Name||Ride Level|
|Thursday 23rd May at 6.45pm||Solihull Canal Challenge||Steady||Read More|
|Thursday 30th May at 6.30pm||Pretty Packwood||Steady||Read More|
|Sunday 2nd June at 10.00am||Specialized Special Ride and Maintenance Session||Challenging||Read More|