Sunday 24th March at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|75 Mins||9 Miles||11+ (children 11-15 with adult) Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
0 Free places remaining
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Rendlesham Forest Centre Tangham, Woodbridge IP12 3NF
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 55 mins (1 hours 15 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Mountain Bike, Hybrid (off road tyres)
Sky Ride Local in Ipswich
If you’re fairly confident on your bike on dirt and gravel surfaces and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, our Off-Road Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, there is barely a metre of tarmac in sight on these rides so come and enjoy the scrunch of gravel and the squelch of mud under your tyres with us! Rides are between 6 and 15 miles long, at a moderate pace of between 7 and 10 miles an hour.
Join us on this pleasant meander through Rendlesham Forest around the abandoned "Cold War" airfield of RAF Woodbridge. During WWII, the Fog Investigation and Dispersal Operation system, or FIDO for short, was developed here to enable emergency landings. It was also the location of a famous UFO sighting in 1980! We might not see any aliens but we will have a great time riding bikes in a beautiful off-road environment. If a flat, 9 mile gentle ride in amazing surroundings is your idea of fun then this is definitely the ride for you!
Bike Hire: Third party bike hire is available with Avocet Sports. Bikes can be booked in advance. For more details please visit http://www.eastcoastmountainbiking.co.uk/hire.html. Bike hire is run independently of British Cycling and Sky and we do not have control over this facility.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
The minimum age for these rides is 11, there must be no child trailers or child seats, the child capable of riding within the demands of the off-road specification.
Please bring equipment with you to repair punctures.
Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at start point, Rendlesham Forest Centre Car Park, charges may apply
- Nearest Train Station
- Melton Station, 6 miles
- Toilet Facilities Available?
- Yes, at At Forest Centre near main carpark
Meet the Ride Leaders
To be confirmed
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|British Heart Foundation Training Ride||Sunday 20th April at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|To the Ghost and Back||Sunday 20th April at 2.00pm||Steady||Read More|
|Blackheath to Cutty Sark||Sunday 20th April at 2.00pm||Easygoing||Read More|