Sunday 10th February at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|180 Mins||33 Miles||13+ (children 13-15 with adult) Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Ride Strong Challenging rides on the road Although you probably wouldn't describe yourself as the next Bradley Wiggins you know your way around a bike and consider yourself to be fairly fit. You've also enjoyed the experience of riding with other people and now fancy a fresh challenge that includes teaming up with a group of people who feel the same way as you. You'll get a fresh perspective on your local area on rides lasting from one and a half to two and a half hours spending most of your time on quiet roads.. If you fancy the prospect of a brisk to speedy pace over twenty to thirty miles, with a strong likelihood of some hills thrown in along the way, then Ride Strong is for you.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Macclesfield Leisure Centre Priory Lane SK10 4AF
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 4 hours 0 mins (3 hours 0 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Hybrid (road tyres)
Sky Ride Local in Manchester
You don’t have to be the next Bradley Wiggins, but you’ll need to know your way around a bike and be fairly fit to take part in our Challenging rides. If you’re comfortable riding with other people and fancy a fresh challenge, these rides are perfect for you. They start at around twenty miles long, and are paced at between 11 and 12 miles an hour.
Explore the beautiful Cheshire Plain on the outskirts of Manchester on this pleasant, 30 mile countryside route. This ride is mainly flat so ideal for road bikes. Stately homes, places of scientific interest and the famous Jodrell Bank is the order of the day.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
Please bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at Macclesfield Leisure Centre
- Nearest Train Station
- Macclesfield Train Station, 1 mile
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Laurence Moore
- Ian Gent
- Michael Bower
- Peter Falcon
Rider Comments on the Route
Great route in nice surroundings with a few hills at the end to test your legs.
Nice ride, mainly (very) flat but there's a sting in the tail just to make it interesting.
Nice route & met lots of new riders and new leader's! Definitely will join this again in furture!