Breeze Challenge L'etape du Eccleston
Sunday 10th February at 9.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|135 Mins||? Miles||Adults 16+ only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Women only Breeze Rides are all about fun, friendly, informal bike rides led by women, for women. They're ideal for all abilities and are great for building confidence and getting some gentle exercise. You might not have ridden a bike for a while and be looking for the easiest way to get back in the saddle, or be looking for a sociable way of getting out and about in your local area. Breeze rides are gently-paced, not too long, and often take in a stop for coffee or a cake. Kids are welcome to come along too.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Car Park Opposite Hockery Brook Public House, Wigan Road, Hindley, WN2 3DF. Postcode on a sat nave doesn't always bring you to exact location, the car park is opposite Hockery Brook and La Cava restaurant WN3 2DF
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 45 mins (2 hours 15 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Manchester
Breeze Challenge Ride for Women If you’ve been riding a road bike for a while, and perhaps been thinking about joining a cycling club, these rides – brand new for 2012 – are for you. The prospect of a speedy pace over 25 - 40 miles, and the strong likelihood of some hills thrown in along the way, means our Ride Strong Plus rides are not for the faint-hearted.
Join us for a ladies only ride starting from the car park opposite Hockery Brook Inn, Hindley. Approximately over a 1040 ft of total ascent, taking in the breath taking views as you enter Lancashire countryside. This ride is approximately 27 miles in total and geared up for road bikes, hybrids or bikes with road tyres. The route takes you through Wigan on main roads, cycle lanes and minor roads with a busy section through the town centre. A rest stop is needed can be taken at Heskin Hall as we travel through the country roads. Helmets are advised to be worn during the ride and also wear suitable clothing taking account of the weather. It's advisable to bring along an inner tube just in case of punctures as it isn't always easy to fix on the trail with a puncture repair kit.
There will be an opportunity to buy a drink and snack at the cafe so please bring some money along if you wish to use the cafe.
Please log on www.breezebikerides.com and register on the ride to secure a place
Any questions contact Sandra via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Starting Point
- Car Park Opposite Hockery Brook Public House, Wigan Road, Hindley, WN2 3DF. Postcode on a sat nave doesn't always bring you to exact location, the car park is opposite Hockery Brook and La Cava restaurant
- Starting Postcode
- WN3 2DF
Meet the Champions
- Sandra Green
- Louise Head
Similar events you might like
|Date/Time||Event Name||Ride Level|
|Tuesday 28th May at 7.00pm||Discover the Fallowfield Loop - Debdale Park to Fallowfield||Steady||Read More|
|Tuesday 4th June at 7.00pm||Discover the Fallowfield Loop - Debdale Park to Fallowfield||Steady||Read More|
|Saturday 1st June at 10.00am||Extended Ashworth Valley with hills||Steady||Read More|