Swanage and Beyond
Sunday 20th January at 8.30am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|240 Mins||45 Miles||Anyone Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Unlimited places available
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Hengistbury Head, 8.30, bournemouth pier 8.50 approx or studland ferry, sandbanks side at approx 9.20 BH6 4EN
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 5 hours 0 mins (4 hours 0 mins cycling)
- Age Restrictions Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.
Social Cycling Groups in Bournemouth
A ride for road/hybrid or fastish mountain bikes from Hengistbury head to swanage and corfe castle via the studland ferry.Aiming to average about 13-15 mph. This is a relaxed ride, no-one will be left behind. Please bring spare inner tubes to fix punctures and money for ferry and coffee/ cake. ferry is 1 pound each way.You are welcome to meet at sandbanks side of ferry if you want, but please let me know in the conversation page of the ride in you dashboard,or email at email@example.com, so I know who to expect. We should be there about 9.15 but may be a little later so you might have to wait a bit. Please check the conversations list for any changes that might occur, a few times before the ride. If I cant make it I will post a message to see if the rest want to go. If so I will not cancel the ride. I have also set up a group called into the forest as a way to organize rides at other times. I try to get out a couple of evenings a week, and once over the weekend and prefer riding with others than on my own, so join the group and use the conversations section to arrange rides.
This ride has been organised by a member of the public and British Cycling and Sky take no responsibility for the quality of the experience, please refer to the Terms and Conditions for more details.