Saturday 9th February at 1.30pm This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|100 Mins||10 Miles||8+ (children 8-15 with adult) Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Bolton Arena Arena Approach BL6 6LB
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 20 mins (1 hours 40 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Hybrid (off road tyres)
Sky Ride Local in Bolton
If you’re fairly confident on your bike on dirt and gravel surfaces and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, our Off-Road Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, there is barely a metre of tarmac in sight on these rides so come and enjoy the scrunch of gravel and the squelch of mud under your tyres with us! Rides are between 6 and 15 miles long, at a moderate pace of between 7 and 10 miles an hour.
This route is ideal for anyone wanting to try and take their cycling a bit further and increase their mileage. Starting from Bolton Arena, we’ll ride cycle paths and quiet roads between rail lines and waterways to Queen's Park in Bolton. There'll be time for a drink and snacks before returning to the Arena. Do join us for a great ride which will boost your confidence in an almost traffic-free environment, which also takes in plenty of local urban interest and some industrial heritage.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
The minimum age for these rides is 8, there must be no child trailers or child seats, the child capable of riding within the demands of the off-road specification.
Please bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at Bolton Arena & local train station - if parking at Bolton Arena please register you number plate at reception
- Nearest Train Station
- Middlebrook & Horwich Parkway Station (next to start point)
- Toilet Facilities Available?
- Yes, at Bolton Arena
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Jim Taylor
- Gerard Broughton
- Anneliese Trigg
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Spring Series 2014 - The Big Tour||Sunday 16th March at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Spring Series 2014 - Trans Pennine Trail: A Route to Lymm||Sunday 23rd March at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Spring Series 2014 - Follow the Old Brick Road||Sunday 16th March at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|