A Tale of Two Trails
Sunday 30th December at 10.30am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|130 Mins||16 Miles||11+ (children 11-15 with adult) Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Lower Car Park - Trafford Water Sports Centre Sale Water Park, Rifle Road M33 2LX
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 50 mins (2 hours 10 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Hybrid (off road tyres)
Sky Ride Local in Manchester
If you’re fairly confident on your bike on dirt and gravel surfaces and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, our Off-Road Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, there is barely a metre of tarmac in sight on these rides so come and enjoy the scrunch of gravel and the squelch of mud under your tyres with us! Rides are between 6 and 15 miles long, at a moderate pace of between 7 and 10 miles an hour.
A circular 15.5 mile route taking in the Trans Pennine Trail and Fallowfield Loop Line. The Trans Pennine Trail stretches across the country from Southport in the west to Hornsea in the east, and is a superb network of traffic-free paths and quiet roads. The Fallowfield Loop Line is a converted railway path in the south Manchester suburbs, acting like a ring road for urban cyclists. Discover two great routes in the heart of the city. Sections of the route are on compacted dirt and shale paths, which can get muddy in wet weather. Therefore road bikes are not recommended. Please note it is essential that anybody arriving by car parks at the lower car park.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
The minimum age for these rides is 11, there must be no child trailers or child seats, the child capable of riding within the demands of the off-road specification.
Please bring equipment with you to repair punctures.
Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at Lower Car Park - Trafford Water Sports Centre, Sale Water Park
- Nearest Train Station
- Altrincham Station, 4.5 miles
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Ian Gent
- Laurence Moore
- Michael Bower