Hicks Lodge Ride
Sunday 6th January at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|60 Mins||7 Miles||8+ (children 8-15 with adult) Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Off-Road - Ride Steady
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Hicks Lodge The National Forest Cycle Centre Willesley Woodside, Moria LE65 3UP
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 40 mins (1 hours 0 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Hybrid (off road tyres)
Sky Ride Local in Leicester
If you’re fairly confident on your bike on dirt and gravel surfaces and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, our Off-Road Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, there is barely a metre of tarmac in sight on these rides so come and enjoy the scrunch of gravel and the squelch of mud under your tyres with us! Rides are between 6 and 15 miles long, at a moderate pace of between 7 and 10 miles an hour.
This is the perfect route for families and friends who want to experience the relaxing trails around the lake and along the woodland trails at the National Forest Cycling Centre. There is loads more to this bike ride than just cycling with plenty of insects and other wildlife to see or just enjoy the peace and quiet of a beautiful area right on the Leicester doorstep.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
The minimum age for these rides is 8, there must be no child trailers or child seats, the child capable of riding within the demands of the off-road specification.
Please bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at The National Forest Cycle Centre Car Park
- Nearest Train Station
- Burton-On-Trent Station, 8.2 miles
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Martin Bujdoso
- Richard Himan
- David Kirkland
Similar events you might like
|Date/Time||Event Name||Ride Level|
|Sunday 19th May at 9.00am||Lost Villages||Challenging||Read More|
|Sunday 19th May at 10.00am||Aylestone Meadows, The Rally and Stokeswood Park||Easygoing||Read More|
|Sunday 26th May at 10.00am||Explore Belgrave Hall||Easygoing||Read More|