Melody of Mud
Sunday 9th December at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|105 Mins||12 Miles||11+ (children 11-15 with adult) Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
0 Free places remaining
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Car Park at entrance to HMP Forest Bank Prison Livia, Forest Bank off Agecroft Road, Pendlbury M27 8FB
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 25 mins (1 hours 45 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Mountain Bike, Hybrid (off road tyres)
Sky Ride Local in Manchester
If you’re fairly confident on your bike on dirt and gravel surfaces and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, our Off-Road Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, there is barely a metre of tarmac in sight on these rides so come and enjoy the scrunch of gravel and the squelch of mud under your tyres with us! Rides are between 6 and 15 miles long, at a moderate pace of between 7 and 10 miles an hour.
'Melody of Mud' is a mainly flat route starting out in the outskirts of Manchester, an area chosen for its short climbs and wooded paths. This 12 mile route passes along the canal system before returning through some interesting terrain. Cobbles and muddy tracks are the main attraction and the recipe for a perfect off-road ride!
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
The minimum age for these rides is 11, there must be no child trailers or child seats, the child capable of riding within the demands of the off-road specification.
Please bring equipment with you to repair punctures.
Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at start location at entrance to HMS Forest Bank Prison, more available at car park at Drinkwater
- Nearest Train Station
- Clifton Station, 1.5 miles
- Toilet Facilities Available?
- Yes, at McDonalds Radcliffe, asda
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Joy Lummis
- Allan Roberts
- Christine Huggins
Rider Comments on the Route
Not very much mud, we saw it but kept clear
nice route hardly any mud though - also hardly any road which was nice.
Great route with some good technical parts along the canal footpath