Christmas Choir Ride
Saturday 8th December at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|60 Mins||7 Miles||Anyone Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Ride Steady Leisurely rides to relax and let yourself go You're happy enough riding a bike but probably feel a bit rusty and would like the chance to turn the pedals with friends and family in a relaxed environment giving you the chance to stop, socialise and see the sights of your local area. You'll ride in parks, on towpaths, smooth trails, minor suburban roads and maybe the occasional rolling hill. It's all designed to give you a rewarding cycling experience of around one and a half hours at a slow to leisurely pace; your pace, your patch, your way. We welcome all ages on Ride Steady however adults bringing children under 5 may do so providing they are secured in a BS standard child seat or trailer.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Bike Park, Town Hall Square LE1 9BG
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 40 mins (1 hours 0 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
Sky Ride Local in Leicester
If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, our Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way. Rides are between 6 and 20 miles long, at a moderate pace of between 7 and 10 miles an hour.
Come and join in with the festive cheer on this Sky Ride Local ride from the Bike Park in the City Centre to the St Andrews Church, Aylestone. The ride will take you on quiet roads and traffic-free paths to meet up with their Choir Christmas Coffee Morning. This is a lovely community event where you can enjoy festive refreshments and be enchanted by performances from the Church Choir.
There is an entry fee of £1 for the event and it is being held in the Church Hall, directly opposite the Church.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
All ages are welcome but age 5 and under must be in a BSA approved child seat, trailer or tag-a-long.
Please bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at on street in the area. Rutland street NCP
- Nearest Train Station
- Leicester Train Station 0.8miles