Two Parks Delight
Sunday 13th January at 10.30am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|70 Mins||4 Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Outside main entrance to Braunstone Leisure Centre 2 Hamelin Road LE3 1JN
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 30 mins (1 hours 10 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
Breeze Bike Rides in Leicester
Perhaps you’ve not ridden a bike for a while and you’re looking for a female friendly way to get back in the saddle? Or you fancy a fun way to get your friends riding? This Breeze Ride is about building confidence for all abilities in a relaxed, traffic-free, gentle environment.
This traffic-free five mile ride shows off the delights of two of Leicester's many fine parks. Discover the delights of Braunstone Park, with its two lakes, playgrounds, walled garden and Grade II listed Georgian mansion house. The route then leads you into the adjacent Western Park, once part of the ancient Leicester Forest, a former hunting ground for the Earls of Leicester. This beautiful park also features the 'Eco House' - an environmentally-sustainable showhome featuring the latest green technology. What better way to visit it than by bike?
As the weather can be changeable at this time of the year it is wise to wear layers and don't forget your waterproof just in case. Other items to consider bringing along are a drink to keep you hydrated and something to repair a puncture such as a spare inner tube.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at Braunstone leisure centre car park (start point). Height restrictions apply.
- Nearest Train Station
- Toilet Facilities Available?
- Yes, at Braunstone Leisure Centre
Meet the Champions
- Shirley Ashford
Rider Comments on the Route
Ideal route for all bike types mainly on Cycle paths, with a small section of quiet road. Only spoilt by the little $#!@$ throwing stuff at my daughter as she went past on her trike :(