Newbury to Thatcham Canal Side & Greenham Common
Saturday 1st December at 11.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|120 Mins||? Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Victoria Park, Park Way, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 1EL We'll meet at the bandstand There's parking at The Wharf and The Central Library Nearest train station is Newbury for more information on times please see the National Rail Enquiries website. RG14 1EL
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 30 mins (2 hours 0 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in West Berkshire
This ride from Newbury to Greenham Common follows a towpath to Thatcham which then incorporates a steep-ish incline on a gravel path up to Greenham Common which then gives way to gravel, earth and grass paths on the common from Greenham Common we will head back into Newbury
We'll meet at Victoria Park bandstand for a warm up and a quick bike check. Then we’ll head out along the canal to Greenham Common. There will be an opportunity of refreshments at the end of the ride.
This is a relatively easy ride on a mostly flat traffic free route. It’s perfect for beginners/intermediates or anyone who’s not been on a bike for a while. We really welcome newcomers to our rides.
It's a good idea to bring some water and you may also want to bring a snack if you think your energy levels may need topping up along the way. Wearing a helmet is advisable, though not essential. Please also ensure you wear appropriate clothing for the weather on the day. There may also be an opportunity at the end of the ride for refreshments if you so wish so don't forget to bring some cash if you feel you may want to partake.
Contact telephone number: 07958928316. Please do not hesitate to call for more information.
I look forward to seeing you there.
- Starting Point
- Victoria Park, Park Way, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 1EL We'll meet at the bandstand There's parking at The Wharf and The Central Library Nearest train station is Newbury for more information on times please see the National Rail Enquiries website.
- Starting Postcode
- RG14 1EL
Meet the Champions
- Heather Cater
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Breeze from Wellington to South Hill Park||Saturday 15th March at 10.00am||Women Only||Read More|
|Winchester Cathedrals, Colleges and Cafes||Saturday 15th March at 9.30am||Women and Children||Read More|
|Rat Trap Roadies||Saturday 22nd March at 9.30am||Women Only||Read More|