Trencherfield Haigh Heights
Sunday 23rd December at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|120 Mins||? Miles||Anyone Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Women and Children Women and Children
- Starting Point & Postcode
- The nearest postal address is Wood's Street, off Caroline Street, Wigan, WN3 4ET We'll meet on the canal side near the bottom lock. WN3 4ET
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 3 hours 0 mins (2 hours 0 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Wigan
PLEASE NOTE that the route has changed slightly and this is now NOT Traffic Free.
Why not come along to this leisurely paced cycle along traffic free cycle paths and canal towpaths is approximately 8 miles in total. This bike ride goes along cycle paths/canal towpaths/quiet roads and whilst it is suitable for hybrids and mountain bikes there are some sections of the canal which if have experienced rain can have a few bumps and puddles along the way.
The scenic route will now avoid Haigh Hall all together but will still have a cafe stop at the Orchid Room. There will still be the climbs as we get to the rest stop as well as downhill’s to take us back to the start point. This is a social ride and we will have plenty of rest stops and ALWAYS cycle to the slowest rider so don't be put off from joining in.
Helmets are advised to be worn during the ride and also wear suitable clothing taking account of the weather. It's advisable to bring along an inner tube just in case of punctures as it isn't always easy to fix on the trail with a puncture repair kit.
Children are welcome on this ride but all children must be accompanied by an adult taking part and MUST wear a helmet or will be unable to take part in the ride. Children must be able to ride their bike confidently on cycle paths, along the canal towpath and quiet roads.
There will be an opportunity to buy a drink and snack at the cafe so please bring some money along if you wish to use the cafe.
Any questions contact Sandra via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or Twitter: http://twitter.com/BreezeWigan
- Starting Point
- The nearest postal address is Wood's Street, off Caroline Street, Wigan, WN3 4ET We'll meet on the canal side near the bottom lock.
- Starting Postcode
- WN3 4ET
Meet the Champions
- Sandra Green
- Louise Head