Books and Castles
Saturday 8th December at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|120 Mins||? Miles||Adults 16+ only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Women only Breeze Rides are all about fun, friendly, informal bike rides led by women, for women. They're ideal for all abilities and are great for building confidence and getting some gentle exercise. You might not have ridden a bike for a while and be looking for the easiest way to get back in the saddle, or be looking for a sociable way of getting out and about in your local area. Breeze rides are gently-paced, not too long, and often take in a stop for coffee or a cake. Kids are welcome to come along too.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Aardvark Books, Manor Farm, Brampton Bryan, Bucknell, Herefordshire Just over the border (and over the hill) from Ludlow, Brampton Bryan is only a couple of miles from the nearest train station at Bucknell. If you arrive by car there is a large car park at Aardvark Books. SY7 0DH
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 3 hours 0 mins (2 hours 0 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Shropshire
Starting at Aardvark Books we will explore the quiet lanes, admiring the surreal, voluptuous yew hedge at Brampton Bryan as we pass through, and make our way up to the recently restored Hopton Castle before returning via Leintwardine. Back at Aardvark Books we can enjoy one of their selection of freshly ground coffees and home-baked cakes and browse amongst the very tempting array of books. (Perfect Christmas presents).
The ride is through gently undulating countryside around the river plains (nothing too severe hill-wise) with wonderful views of the wooded hills around. It is about 12 miles long.
Remember to bring a bottle of water and any refreshments you think you may need en route, plus warm/waterproof gear. I hope you'll be able to join me.
Any queries and you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0779 6687 134. Equally if you book on the ride and then find you can't make it, just give me a call.
Till then, lets book the sunshine!
- Starting Point
- Aardvark Books, Manor Farm, Brampton Bryan, Bucknell, Herefordshire Just over the border (and over the hill) from Ludlow, Brampton Bryan is only a couple of miles from the nearest train station at Bucknell. If you arrive by car there is a large car park at Aardvark Books.
- Starting Postcode
- SY7 0DH
Meet the Champions
- Elizabeth-Anne Williams
Similar events you might like
|Date/Time||Event Name||Ride Level|
|Tuesday 28th May at 10.00am||Get Cycling for 50 Plus||Easygoing||Read More|
|Friday 24th May at 10.30am||Parks and Canals - beginners ride||Steady||Read More|
|Sunday 2nd June at 10.00am||Breeze Rides in Stourbridge||Steady||Read More|