Monday 10th December at 9.45am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|40 Mins||3 Miles||Anyone Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Women and Children Women and Children
- Starting Point & Postcode
- On grassy area at Hawthorns Urban Wildlife Centre Southampton Common SO15 7NN
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 0 mins (40 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
Breeze Bike Rides in Southampton
Perhaps you’ve not ridden a bike for a while and you’re looking for the easiest way to get back in the saddle? Or you fancy a fun way to get your friends or kids riding? Ride Easy is about building confidence for all abilities and ages in a relaxed, traffic-free, gentle environment.
Join us on this gentle circuit around the ancient Common of Southampton, highlighting points of interest unbeknown to many Sotonians. This easy traffic-free trundle takes in many of the Common's attractions, including the Hawthorns Centre, the children's playground, ornamental lake and the cattle pound. At just three and a half miles, this route is perfect for beginners and families alike
- Car Parking
- Yes, at Cemetery Road
- Nearest Train Station
- Southampton central station, 0.5 mile
Meet the Champions
- Dilys Gartside
Rider Comments on the Route
Circular ride around the park. Was a sunny day so very busy and had to dodge pedestrians. Not for me, but very family friendly.