Monday 10th December at 9.45am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|40 Mins||3 Miles||Women and children Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
- Starting Point & Postcode
- On grassy area at Hawthorns Urban Wildlife Centre Southampton Common SO15 7NN
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 0 mins (40 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
Breeze Bike Rides in Southampton
Perhaps you’ve not ridden a bike for a while and you’re looking for the easiest way to get back in the saddle? Or you fancy a fun way to get your friends or kids riding? Ride Easy is about building confidence for all abilities and ages in a relaxed, traffic-free, gentle environment.
Join us on this gentle circuit around the ancient Common of Southampton, highlighting points of interest unbeknown to many Sotonians. This easy traffic-free trundle takes in many of the Common's attractions, including the Hawthorns Centre, the children's playground, ornamental lake and the cattle pound. At just three and a half miles, this route is perfect for beginners and families alike
- Car Parking
- Yes, at Cemetery Road
- Nearest Train Station
- Southampton central station, 0.5 mile
Meet the Champions
- Dilys Gartside
Rider Comments on the Route
Totally off-road cycle ride around a beautiful park in the centre of Southampton. The park is so big you forget you are in the middle of a city!
An enjoyable family ride. Nearly put off by the torrential downpours before the ride started, then 1 mile into it my chain snapped. Many thanks to Peter the Ride Leader who had chain extractor tool and between us we were able to repair it in around 20 minutes whilst the remainder of the group continued the ride, including my 6 year old son on his 4th SkyRide Local. Managed to continue the ride with the group and just about managed to avoid another drenching from the skies
Nice ride & good to see people getting out on their bikes. Thank you to the leaders.
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Chandlers Ford - Twyford for Tea (or Coffee)||Friday 21st March at 9.30am||Women and Children||Read More|
|Winchester Cathedrals, Colleges and Cafes||Saturday 15th March at 9.30am||Women and Children||Read More|
|Verwood Breeze Bike rides||Saturday 29th March at 9.30am||Women Only||Read More|