Lake to Cake Tour
Thursday 22nd November at 9.30am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|150 Mins||? Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
0 Free places remaining
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Furzton Lake car park, MK Bowl, off of Watling Street V4, Elfield Park, Milton Keynes, MK5 8AA Large car park by the bridge that crosses to MK Bowl - parking here is free MK4 1AG
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 3 hours 0 mins (2 hours 30 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Milton Keynes
This is a picturesque ride that starts at Furzton Lake & goes to Jennie Wren's Tea Rooms on the Market Square in Winslow, then returns by the same route.
The route is just over 9 miles each way, 18.5 miles in total. Predominantly off road with a few short country road sections to join up the off road.
Starts on quiet Redways that run beside the lake on paved & gravel paths crossing a few wooden bridges. Through Bletchley we leave the Redways to join a secluded farm track road, a little muddy if it's been raining! Great views over the countryside, crossing a few roads to emerge in Winslow town centre. Some gentle climbs on the way out on tarmac gravel & mud paths to a well earned rest with cake of course! Then a quicker peddle back, mainly downhill & flat to return to Furzton Lake.
Most bikes are suitable, except road bikes with skinny tyres. During Autumn/Winter this route can be quite muddy in places, so extremely slick tyres are not a good idea. You don't have to be an experienced rider to join us, but be able to keep a leisurely continuous pace & we can always stop if needed to take in the views. There are a few farm gates where we'll need to stop anyway.
A lovely ride with great views & a few nice challenges over a good distance to deserve a cake stop! Approximately 1 hour 15 on the way out, 1 hour on the return, with time for stopping in-between.
Facilities available at Premier Inn on Furzton Lake & at Jennie Wren's Tea Rooms. For more rides in Milton Keynes go to Cycle your Heart out!
Please call Sue on 07872 628430 if you get lost or need to cancel on the morning.
Look forward t seeing you there!
- Starting Point
- Furzton Lake car park, MK Bowl, off of Watling Street V4, Elfield Park, Milton Keynes, MK5 8AA Large car park by the bridge that crosses to MK Bowl - parking here is free
- Starting Postcode
- MK4 1AG
Meet the Champions
- Sue Skeggs
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Women's Woburn Guided Ride||Sunday 4th May at 3.00pm||Women Only||Read More|
|Spring Cycling: Tattenhoe Heritage Route||Sunday 4th May at 2.00pm||Women Only||Read More|
|Dunstable to Studham, Dagnall & Totternhoe||Saturday 26th April at 10.00am||Women Only||Read More|