Manchester Airport Orbital -Breeze Burn
Saturday 12th January at 10.30am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|60 Mins||8 Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Wythenshawe Forum Centre Forum Square M22 5RX
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 30 mins (1 hours 0 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Hybrid (off road tyres)
Breeze Bike Rides in Manchester
If you're happy enough riding a bike but feel a bit rusty, or if you just fancy the chance to ride in a relaxed way with friends and family, then Ride Steady is for you. It's all designed to give you a rewarding cycling experience at a slow to leisurely pace.
A ride with a difference, skirting the perimeter of Manchester Airport on eight miles of quiet lanes, cycle paths and off-road trails. From the gentle rolling cycleway, you'll be able to watch the arrivals and departures at one of the UK's busiest airports, while the airport's viewing park and the tourist hotspot of Quarry Bank Mill provide the stopping points. Due to the mixed nature of the route's surfaces, road bikes with narrow tyres are not advised.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at Wythenshawe Forum
- Nearest Train Station
- Heald Green Station, 1 mile
Meet the Champions
- Amanda Phillipson
- Briony Farrell
Rider Comments on the Route
enjoyed the ride like being out & about
A great ride, although stop / start due to number of people taking part 29. Smaller groups would be easier and safer to manage. Airport stop off for a drink was great for the kids, a great morning in the sunshine. thank you Keith (Ride Leader)
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Santa's Little Helpers!||Saturday 7th December at 10.30am||Women and Children||Read More|
|Altrincham to Chorlton Water Park||Thursday 12th December at 10.00am||Women Only||Read More|
|Stocky to Arley loop||Saturday 7th December at 11.30am||Women Only||Read More|