Britannia Blast - Haslingden
Sunday 25th November at 1.00pm This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|70 Mins||? Miles||Adults 16+ only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Women only Breeze Rides are all about fun, friendly, informal bike rides led by women, for women. They're ideal for all abilities and are great for building confidence and getting some gentle exercise. You might not have ridden a bike for a while and be looking for the easiest way to get back in the saddle, or be looking for a sociable way of getting out and about in your local area. Breeze rides are gently-paced, not too long, and often take in a stop for coffee or a cake. Kids are welcome to come along too.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- John Street Car Park (free, no disc needed), Haslingden, BB4 5QB (by Haslingden Co-op) BB4 5QB
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 0 mins (1 hours 10 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Rossendale
A 10 mile (Gentle) blast along the quiet B-road that rolls over Oswaldtwistle Moor. It has one steep hill and the rest is lovely and undulating, with cracking views over to Pendle. We will head to the Britannia Inn which has a tea-room serving snacks for about a fiver, and afternoon teas. Then back along the way we came. British Cycling members can find the route on the BC website as "Britannia Blast (Breeze Ride)".
This ride is ideal for road bikes. Hybrids will be fine. Mountain bike riders will find it harder going - you might want to swap your tyres.
The road is quiet and well-used by cyclists. This is a great next-step for the developing cyclist.
Helmets advised. Please be aware that on the tops it can be cold and windy - but dress in warm layers and you'll be fine.
- Starting Point
- John Street Car Park (free, no disc needed), Haslingden, BB4 5QB (by Haslingden Co-op)
- Starting Postcode
- BB4 5QB
Meet the Champions
- Autumn Barlow