Cannon Hill Park Explorer
Sunday 5th June at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|50 Mins||4 Miles||Anyone Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
0 Free places remaining
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Entrance to the Midland Art Centre (M.A.C.), Cannon Hill Park off Edgbaston road. B12 9QH
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 30 mins (50 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Mountain Bike, Hybrid (off road tyres), Hybrid (road tyres), Road
Sky Ride Local in Birmingham
Not cycled for a while and looking for an easy way to get back in the saddle? Fancy a fun way to get your friends or kids riding? Our Easygoing rides are great for building confidence for all abilities and ages along relaxed, mostly traffic-free routes. They’re up to six miles long, with a gentle pace of around six miles an hour.
A 3.5 mile scenic ride around Cannon Hill Park one of the premier parks in the city. Awarded Green Flag status which encourages parks and green spaces to achieve high environmental standards, creating a benchmark of excellence in recreational green areas. With beautiful flowerbeds, lakes, pools and a wonderful collection of trees, it's easy to see why. There are many attractions to view along the way such as a Nature Centre and Midland Art Centre. The boating lake and the river Rea offers opportunities to feed the ducks - this is an ideal ride for families.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
All ages are welcome but age 5 and under must be in a BSA approved child seat, trailer or tag-a-long.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at Edgbaston Road adjacent to the MAC. More car parking accessed from Russell Road.
- Nearest Train Station
- University and Five Ways stations, both approximately two miles
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Andy Smith
- Lisa Costa
- Rohan Vanhorn
- Laura Vesty
- Janet Steel
Rider Comments on the Route
Great event. Even got my bike fixed. Nicely organised!
Excellent we really enjoyed the ride. Very well organised with good leaders.