Wandsworth to Hammersmith Bridge along the River Thames
Monday 12th November at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|90 Mins||? Miles||Adults 16+ only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Women only Breeze Rides are all about fun, friendly, informal bike rides led by women, for women. They're ideal for all abilities and are great for building confidence and getting some gentle exercise. You might not have ridden a bike for a while and be looking for the easiest way to get back in the saddle, or be looking for a sociable way of getting out and about in your local area. Breeze rides are gently-paced, not too long, and often take in a stop for coffee or a cake. Kids are welcome to come along too.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Wandsworth Common, Bolingbroke Grove, Wandsworth, London, SW11 6HN We'll meet on the Wandsworth Common, opposite the old Bolingbroke Hospital building on the corner of Wakehurst Road and Bolingbroke Grove SW11 6HN
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 30 mins (1 hours 30 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Wandsworth
A pretty nine mile and mostly flat ride, along the river from Wandsworth to Hammersmith Bridge and back again.
We start at Wandsworth Common, using back roads and shared cycle/pedestrian paths to avoid the busy Wandsworth one way system and then take us through Wandsworth Park along the Thames to Putney Bridge. Here we will walk our bikes over the busy A3 and down to Putney Embankment (start point for the Oxford-Cambridge boat race), from where we have a lovely scenic ride past the rowing clubs and then along the off-road Thames Path to Hammersmith Bridge.
We will walk our bikes over Hammersmith Bridge, and then potter along the back roads on the Fulham side of the river, passing the River Cafe and Fulham Football Ground before enjoying views of the river again in Bishops Park.
From Putney Bridge, we will take back roads round the Hurlingham Club, before crossing Wandsworth Bridge on the cycle path, and finishing with a cafe stop at the Birdhouse Cafe at 123 St John's Hill, next to the London Cycle Workshop.
This ride is best suited to hybrid or mountain bikes, due to the off-road section from Putney to Hammersmith.
It's a good idea to bring some water and you may also want to bring a snack. Wearing a helmet is advisable; if you don’t have one please do not to worry you can still take part. If you enjoy the bike ride and would like to come again perhaps you could look to buy one then.
Everyone’s welcome – look forward to seeing you there!
- Starting Point
- Wandsworth Common, Bolingbroke Grove, Wandsworth, London, SW11 6HN We'll meet on the Wandsworth Common, opposite the old Bolingbroke Hospital building on the corner of Wakehurst Road and Bolingbroke Grove
- Starting Postcode
- SW11 6HN
Meet the Champions
- Vanessa Celosse
- Michelle Miller
Similar events you might like
|Date/Time||Event Name||Ride Level|
|Tuesday 28th May at 6.30pm||The Wandle Trail from Colliers Wood||Steady||Read More|
|Saturday 25th May at 10.30am||Bushy Park and the Thames Path||Steady||Read More|
|Saturday 25th May at 9.00am||Shirley to the Cutty Sark||Challenging||Read More|