Wandsworth to Putney Heath and Barnes
Friday 14th December at 9.45am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|105 Mins||? Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Wandsworth Common, Bolingbroke Grove, Wandsworth, London, SW11 6HN We'll meet on Wandsworth Common, opposite the old Bolingbroke Hospital building on the corner of Wakehurst Road and Bolingbroke Grove SW11 6HN
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 45 mins (1 hours 45 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Wandsworth
This is a pretty 11 mile ride with plenty of traffic-free sections in parks, on commons and along the River Thames.
We will cycle over Wandsworth Common, then by back roads down to King George's Park in Wandsworth, where we will follow the Wandle Trail briefly, before taking quiet residential roads to ascend slowly to Tibbets Corner, where we get onto Wimbledon Common.
Next comes a lovely traffic-free section on bike paths on Wimbledon Common and Putney Heath, followed by a long gentle descent down a quiet lane to Barnes Common. After crossing the common, we pass the London Wetland Centre to join the Thames Path and our return riverside ride through Putney and Wandsworth Park to finish at Birdhouse Cafe (great coffee!) on St John's Hill.
This ride is not suitable for road bikes (think skinny tyres and drop handlebars), due to the uneven and often muddy bike paths on Wimbledon Common, Putney Heath and along the Thames. Regular hybrid bikes (most ladies bikes are of this type) and mountain bikes will be fine.
Please make sure your tyres, gears and brakes are all in good order! And please note the 09.45 (not 10am) start time.
Dress nice and warm, and be ready for rain.....
Look forward to seeing you there!
Judith and Vanessa
- Starting Point
- Wandsworth Common, Bolingbroke Grove, Wandsworth, London, SW11 6HN We'll meet on Wandsworth Common, opposite the old Bolingbroke Hospital building on the corner of Wakehurst Road and Bolingbroke Grove
- Starting Postcode
- SW11 6HN
Meet the Champions
- Judith Kent
Similar events you might like
|Date/Time||Event Name||Ride Level|
|Friday 21st June at 9.45am||BIG BREEZE BIKE RIDE The Wandle Trail to Morden Hall Park||Women Only||Read More|
|Monday 24th June at 10.00am||Big Breeze Bike Ride (Clapham Common, Brockwell Park and Dulwich)||Women Only||Read More|
|Saturday 22nd June at 11.00am||Big Breeze Bike Ride - Richmond Park||Women Only||Read More|