New Year New You
Saturday 12th January at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|80 Mins||? Miles||Anyone Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
- Starting Point & Postcode
- The nearest postal address is Wood's Street, off Caroline Street, Wigan, Wigan, WN3 4ET We'll meet on the canal side near the bottom lock. Coming far? The nearest train stations are Wigan North Western and Wigan Wallgate approximately 5 minutes ride away. For more information on train times please visit the National Rail Enquires website. WN3 4ET
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 20 mins (1 hours 20 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Wigan
Why not kick start the fitness campaign with a challenging ride to get you in the habit of cycling to fun, fitness and friendship, with your first (or one of many) Breeze bike rides for the New Year New You
PLEASE NOTE that the route has changed slightly and this is now NOT Traffic Free.
Why not come along to this leisurely paced cycle along traffic free cycle paths and canal towpaths is approximately 8 miles in total. This bike ride goes along cycle paths/canal towpaths/quiet roads and is best suited to mountain bikes or bikes with off road tyres as there are some sections of the canal which if have experienced rain during this time of year and can have a few bumps and puddles along the way.
The scenic route will now avoid Haigh Hall all together but will still have a cafe stop at the Orchid Room. There will still be the climbs as we get to the rest stop as well as downhills to take us back to the start point. This is a social ride and we will have plenty of rest stops and ALWAYS cycle to the slowest rider so don't be put off from joining in.
Start and finish is at Trencherfield Mill, canal side
Helmets are advised to be worn during the ride and also wear suitable clothing taking account of the weather. It's advisable to bring along an inner tube just in case of punctures as it isn't always easy to fix on the trail with a puncture repair kit.
Children are welcome on this ride but all children must be accompanied by an adult taking part and MUST wear a helmet or will be unable to take part in the ride. Children must be able to ride their bike confidently on cycle paths, along the canal towpath and quiet roads.
There will be an opportunity to buy a drink and snack at the cafe so please bring some money along if you wish to use the cafe.
Any questions contact Sandra via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or Twitter: http://twitter.com/BreezeWigan
- Starting Point
- The nearest postal address is Wood's Street, off Caroline Street, Wigan, Wigan, WN3 4ET We'll meet on the canal side near the bottom lock. Coming far? The nearest train stations are Wigan North Western and Wigan Wallgate approximately 5 minutes ride away. For more information on train times please visit the National Rail Enquires website.
- Starting Postcode
- WN3 4ET
Meet the Champions
- Sandra Green
- Louise Head
Similar events you might like
|Date/Time||Event Name||Ride Level|
|Saturday 22nd June at 10.00am||Big Breeze Bike Ride - Haigh Heights||Women and Children||Read More|
|Sunday 23rd June at 10.00am||Big Breeze Bike Ride - Wigan Lock and Quay||Women Only||Read More|
|Tuesday 25th June at 10.00am||La Cava Loop||Women and Children||Read More|