From Ferry to Iron Men
Saturday 12th January at 9.20am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|150 Mins||? Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
- Starting Point & Postcode
- 1st Pick up point - Seacombe Ferry Terminal, Victoria Place, Seacombe, Wallasey, Wirral, Merseyside, CH44 6QY OR 2nd Pick up point - Liverpool Pier Head Ferry Terminal, Pier Head, Georges Parade, Liverpool, L3 1DP CH44 6QY
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 3 hours 0 mins (2 hours 30 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Wirral
Today our ride will take us from Seacombe Ferry terminal (or Liverpool Pier head if you are coming from liverpool, please join us there) to the Famous Anthony Gormley statues in Crosby. Ther ride will take us along the Canal path of the Leeds to Liverpool canal, through the Meadow Fields Park and onto Crosby.
Another Place consists of 100 cast-iron, life-size figures spread out along three kilometers of the foreshore, stretching almost one kilometre out to sea. The Another Place figures - each one weighing 650 kilos - are made from casts of the artist's own body and are shown at different stages of rising out of the sand, all of them looking out to sea, staring at the horizon in silent expectation.
The work is seen as a poetic response to the individual and universal sentiments associated with emigration - sadness at leaving, but the hope of a new future in another place. The artwork was previously displayed in Cruxhaven in Germany, Stavanger in Norway and De Panne in Belgium. In November 2006 the statues were expected to move to New York but it was later decided that they would remain on Crosby beach.
The canal path is all flat but we will for most of it travel in single file (all together as a group) and takes us all the way from the city centre to Crosby.
There are plenty of places to eat at the end of the route and this ride is slightly longer than normal (about 13 km there and the same back)
For those of you joining in Seacombe we plan to get the 9.35am ferry across the Mersey to Liverpool and if you choose to you can get the train back from Waterloo station to Liverpool city centre on the same SAVEAWAY ticket which we will purchase at the terminal.
If you need to ask any questions please call me on 07729 114055 or email me at email@example.com
Wearing a helmet is advisable; if you don’t have one please do not to worry you can still take part. If you enjoy the bike ride and would like to come again perhaps you could look to buy one then.
Look forward to seeing you there!
- Starting Point
- 1st Pick up point - Seacombe Ferry Terminal, Victoria Place, Seacombe, Wallasey, Wirral, Merseyside, CH44 6QY OR 2nd Pick up point - Liverpool Pier Head Ferry Terminal, Pier Head, Georges Parade, Liverpool, L3 1DP
- Starting Postcode
- CH44 6QY
Meet the Champions
- Sara Braidwood
- Emma Thompson
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Alder Hey Christmas Ride||Sunday 15th December at 9.30am||Women and Children||Read More|
|Christmas Lunch on the Burton Marshes||Friday 20th December at 11.00am||Women and Children||Read More|
|Wirral Bicycle Belles||Saturday 21st December at 10.00am||Women Only||Read More|