Christmas Hair of the Reindeer
Saturday 15th December at 2.00pm This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|60 Mins||? Miles||Anyone Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Women and Children Women and Children
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Canal Side near Bottom Lock. Nearest postal address is Wood's Street, Wigan (off Caroline Street). The postcode is WN3 4ET. WN3 4ET
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 30 mins (1 hours 0 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Wigan
"Santa Claus is coming to town" why not join in with the Christmas themed ride, fancy dress is optional the Christmasy the better.
Meet up on the canal near the Bottom Lock. Sat nav will take you to Wood's street which is the approach road to Trencherfield Mill and the canal is alongside of the mill car park.
Nice leisurely ride from Leeds Liverpool Canal Bottom Lock up to Wigan Lane Orchid Room Cafe then returning to the start point.
Approximately 8 miles in total along a canal towpath suitable for all types of bikes and a purpose built tarmac cycle path. Steady climb along the Leeds Liverpool Canal before stopping at Orchid Room cafe, Wigan Lane to have a rest and a refuel. Return part of the ride is all downhill finishing at the Bottom Lock.
Ladies and Children are welcome but children MUST wear a helmet to take part. All levels of fitness and ability are welcome we ride to the slowest pace. This is a social ride with fun a major part of the ride.
If you have a spare inner tube bring it along as this is much easier to change than to try and mend a puncture on the trail, but don't let this put you off if you haven't got one. It would also be useful to have lights as although this is traffic free it is getting darker much earlier especially with the dull weather we are having at present.
Any questions contact me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or Twitter: http://twitter.com/BreezeWigan
- Starting Point
- Canal Side near Bottom Lock. Nearest postal address is Wood's Street, Wigan (off Caroline Street). The postcode is WN3 4ET.
- Starting Postcode
- WN3 4ET
Meet the Champions
- Sandra Green
- Louise Head