West End Tour
Sunday 18th November at 10.30am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|100 Mins||9 Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Bike Park Town Hall Square LE1 9BG
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 0 mins (1 hours 40 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
Breeze Bike Rides in Leicester
If you're happy enough riding a bike but feel a bit rusty, or if you just fancy the chance to ride in a relaxed way with other ladies, then this Breeze Ride is for you. It's all designed give you a rewarding cycling experience at a slow to leisurely pace.
A nice route that stays within Leicester's urban area yet manages to pack in lots of green, traffic-free riding. At just under nine miles this is a route suitable for most abilities and age groups. The route takes advantage of two of Leicester's fine traffic free paths, the urban escape routes of Forest Way and Great Central Way. There's plenty of interest along the route, including the Eco House in Western Park - a house that showcases the latest sustainable living technology, plus the wildlife and lush parkland of Braunstone Park.
We can also take a break for a warming drink at the Eco House in Western Park, where you can rest and refuel, smug in the knowledge that you've got there in the geenest way possible - by bike!
As the weather can be changeable at this time of the year it is wise to wear layers and don't forget your waterproof just in case. Other items to consider bringing along are a drink to keep you hydrated and something to repair a punture such as a spare inner tube.
- Car Parking
- Nearest Train Station
- Leicester Train Station, 0.7 miles
Meet the Champions
- Shirley Ashford
Rider Comments on the Route
Loved it the leaders were great and very welcoming ..
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Belles and Baubles Breeze Ride - Bike Park to Abbey Park||Sunday 15th December at 10.30am||Women Only||Read More|
|Belles and Baubles Breeze Ride - Braunstone to Abbey Park||Sunday 15th December at 10.15am||Women Only||Read More|
|Belles & Baubles Breeze Ride - Watermead Park to Abbey Park||Sunday 15th December at 10.15am||Women Only||Read More|