Meander to Morton
Sunday 18th November at 2.00pm This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|60 Mins||? Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Newark and Sherwood
0 Free places remaining
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Carpark for The Southwell Trail (next to The Final Whistle pub, Station Road, Southwell, Notts, NG25 0ET) NG25 0ET
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 30 mins (1 hours 0 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Newark and Sherwood
From The Southwell Trail car park, we'll ride along Riverside Walk, then cross the Newark Road to join the traffic-free Southwell Racecourse road, taking in some lovely views across the racecourse and maybe catching a few horses out training. We'll then ride along a quiet lane through to Fiskerton Station, crossing the line to wend our way along quiet back-lanes to Morton, where we can enjoy a well-earned coffee or cold drink at the award-winning Full Moon pub. After a drink in the sunshine (hopefully!), we'll meander back to Southwell taking the same route in reverse. This is a very flat route, approx. 4 miles each way, with some traffic-free parts and the rest on quiet country lanes.
This ride is perfect for all abilities, particularly those who haven't cycled in a while and want a nice, easy steady-paced ride. We’ll always ride at the pace of the slowest rider so no one is left behind. We really welcome newcomers to our rides.
It's a good idea to bring some water and you may also want to bring a snack if you think your energy levels may need topping up along the way. Wearing a helmet is advisable, though not essential. Please bring some money if you want to buy refreshments.
Looking forward to seeing you there!
- Starting Point
- Carpark for The Southwell Trail (next to The Final Whistle pub, Station Road, Southwell, Notts, NG25 0ET)
- Starting Postcode
- NG25 0ET
Meet the Champions
- Louise Righton
- Angela Singleton