The Big Breeze Bike Ride is back!
Published 18 June 2013
The Big Breeze Bike Ride is back! Ever notice that for every woman you see cycling along a road, there are three blokes? That’s because a whopping three times as many men as women in the UK ride bikes, with just one in fifty women getting their feet on the pedals once a week or more. Somewhere along the line, it seems a lot of us women have forgotten the unbridled joy of butterflies in our tummy and the wind in our face as we freewheel down a hill.
But... for the second year in a row, the Big Breeze Bike Ride aims to get British women back on their bikes. Part of the UK’s biggest ever initiative to boost female cycling, the Big Breeze Bike Ride on 22 and 23 June will see hundreds of like-minded women, our amazing Breeze champions, up and down the country setting up local bike rides to share the two-wheeled fun. Find a ride near you.
Breeze will be providing the biggest number of bike riding opportunities over one single weekend, so it’s time to dust off your bike and get involved. Also joining our weekend of fun will be:
Divas on Wheels – offers a 25 / 50 mile circular route through some of the best scenery in east Kent.
Dartmoor Classic – women-only sportive in South Devon
Still need further motivation to get involved?
- We’ve teamed up with the British Heart Foundation, so why not use the Big Breeze Bike Ride to challenge yourself and raise money for an incredible charity.
- It’s cheaper than therapy – our Breeze cyclists regularly report increased levels of happiness
- You can finally buy those Louboutins – cycling can save you an average of £500 / year compared with driving or taking public transport (and your legs will look great too)
- It’s more fun than getting your injections – regular cyclists take around a day and a half fewer sick days every year than their non-cycling counterparts
- Cake tastes even better – an eight mile Breeze bike ride uses an average 400 calories which is almost enough to burn off a second slice of Victoria sponge.
- Our lovely friends at Pinarello are proud to be supporting our Big Breeze Bike Ride - there may be a few treats in store.
To get involved and find your nearest in the Ride Finder above.
Download your ‘I’m part of the Big Breeze Bike Ride’ card and share a picture of you holding it on our Facebook page.